- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled, large raw shrimp (1 6/20 count)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Topping: toasted sweetened flaked coconut
1. Prepare Coconut-Lime Rice.
Bring coconut milk, salt, and 2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in rice; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching, 20 to 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in lime zest and juice.
2. Meanwhile, sauté half of shrimp in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skillet. Repeat procedure with 1 Tbsp. hot oil and remaining shrimp.
3. Sauté onions and next 4 ingredients in remaining 1 Tbsp. hot oil over medium-high heat 1 minute. Stir in mango and next 3 ingredients, and cook 1 minute; stir in shrimp. Serve over hot cooked Coconut-Lime Rice; top with toasted coconut.