Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Devotional


I read this book called "Jesus Calling" almost every day. It's by Sarah Young if you want to get it. I started reading it just to have a moment at the beginning of my day apart from scripture to allow Jesus to speak truth and peace and calming words into my life (and especially that day) to help me to relax and avoid anxiety. Each entry is really simple, spoken to us from Jesus' point of view. More than once God has used this book to comfort me, encourage me, and remind me that my true aim in life is HIM not ministry, or possessions, or happiness. It's HIM. So I really loved the one from today...thought you may also!

"Rest in my radiant presence. The world around you seems to spin faster and faster, till everything is a blur. Yet there is a cushion of calm at the center of your life, where you live in union with Me. Return to this soothing Center as often as you can, for this is where you are energized: filled with My Love, Joy, and Peace.

"The world is a needy place; do not go there for sustenance. Instead, come to Me. Learn to depend on Me alone, and your weaknesses will become saturated with My Power. When you find your completeness in Me, you can help other people without using them to meet your own needs. Life in the Light of My Presence, and your light will shine brightly into the lives of others."

Galatians 5:22; 1 John 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment