Friday, August 31, 2012

Pregnancy Snack: Fruit Bruschetta!

Until about 12 weeks, I was majorly having trouble eating enough fruits and veggies. That drove me to get creative to make it appealing! This is something I've made a couple of times in the past and it is delicious, during pregnancy or not! It is completely customizable depending on the bread, fruit, and even cheese you want to use. I used cherries and peaches here, with mascarpone cheese, and a baguette. 


Fruit Bruschetta
Serves 1-2 as an appetizer or snack

Ingredients
Diced assorted fruit - I used one doughnut peach and about 10 cherries
6-8 slices of french bread
3-4 tablespoons of mascarpone cheese (another option is cream cheese)
Drizzle of honey (optional)

Method
Toast the baguette slices and spread them with the cheese. 
Toss the diced fruit with a small amount of honey if desired.
Top the bread slices with fruit mixture. 

This is so good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment