Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A bit about today and the last installment of Mid-Year Recipes!

Today I am going to RMIT Brunswick, a small campus mainly for design majors, that's close to home and relaxed. Nicole and I are hosting an afternoon tea, in hopes to generate some more interest at this school. Although we are leading Christianity Explained with two girls who don't know Jesus yet, it's been pretty slow otherwise and we're eager for more students to be involved. Plus, it's mainly all-female campus so it's fun for Nicole and I to go together. It's been so nice having her here this year. Pray that more than a few girls come to our tea! 

I have been lagging on my attempts to post all the recipes I have stored away, ready to post. I really like cooking, and it's been my only real hobby besides going to the gym this year. I get into the kitchen to cook when I'm stressed and need to relax, when I'm bored, when I want to bless someone with yummy things, or when I'm feeling homesick I make things to remind me of home. It's been a great thing for me to do just enjoy life more. The past few weekends I've cooked either Saturday or Sunday all day. Just trying new things and talking with Jordan or listening to a radio station from home on ITunes - K95 has been getting the most time!

So here is the rest of the Mid-Year retreat menu/recipes. Hope you enjoy having them - if anyone from our team is reading this!

Wednesday Lunch
Jane's Salad with Teriyaki Chicken and Snow Peas
      Jane's Salad is what we call a beloved staple for our team: a cabbage, almond, chow mein noodle, 
      scallions, yummy Asian dressing salad. To this I added teriyaki marinated chicken and snow peas.
Watermelon and Strawberries
Tim Tams

Wednesday Dinner
Fish Tacos with Fruit Salsa
       I loosely made this based on several recipes I had. I used pineapple, red onion, red pepper, lime 
       juice and cilantro for the salsa. Added red cabbage. Made Avocado Crema by blending together
      avocado, a bit of sour cream, S&P and lime juice. Made a dry rub for the fish which was grilled 
      with garlic, olive oil, cilantro, cumin, and chili powder. These were great and were a favorite.
Nachos with Refried Beans, Guacamole, Salsa, and Cheese
Mexican Rice

Wednesday Dessert












image from tasty kitchen


Sopapillas and Honey
Vanilla Ice Cream

Thursday Breakfast
image from the pioneer woman
Cinnamon Baked French Toast
Strawberries
Bacon
Juice, Milk, Coffee, Tea

Thursday Lunch
Baked Potatoes and Toppings: Cheese, Broccoli, Corn, Bacon Bits, Sour Cream, Scallions, Pineapple
Salad with Cucumbers, Carrots, Tomato, Feta, Scallions, Boiled Egg, Broccoli
Tim Tams

Thursday Dinner: Out to Eat!

Thursday Supper
Brownie Sundaes with Hot Fudge


Friday Breakfast
English Muffins, Crumpets, and Toast
Jam, Butter, Honey, Peanut Butter
Yogurt and Muesli
Boiled Eggs
Mandarins
Milk, Juice, Coffee, Tea



No comments:

Post a Comment