Thursday, May 26, 2011

the union house

I'm sitting in the union house at Melbourne Uni, kind of my home on campus, waiting for my 3:00 appointment (sweet Alicia from Taiwan) to get here. She's a bit late so I thought I'd post a short note so I can get over the hump of not posting for a month or more. I don't even know!

A lot has happened and we're definitely in "May" of our year, which apparently is equivalent to being the pit of despair, homesicknessy, cold and dreary, end-of-semester-where-are-the-students? time of year. I am feeling it. I've already had a couple of good cries in the past couple of weeks, and I'm looking ahead to more I'm sure.

However, thankfully following next week we have our "holiday" time of year, which means we are taking our mid-year retreat to Cairns, in Queensland (the Great Barrier Reef), to process through the first 6 months of our time here, bond as a team, receive lots of wisdom from Ron, one of our regional directors from the states, and prepare for the rest of the year. After that week, my parents arrive on June 13th, in time to celebrate my 24th birthday on the 17th! Then Jordan and I are taking almost all of our holiday time visiting with family (Jordan's dad and brother arrive on the 19th) and after that we leave for New Zealand for V20 conference with about 100 students!

I'll post again soon. Alicia's here!

No comments:

Post a Comment