Monday, March 2, 2009

Where did all the snow plows go!?

So I know yesterday I was in love with how beautiful the snow is, but this morning when we got in the car to leave for staff prayer at 10am we were appalled at how bad the roads were! They were still covered with ice and snow. Usually Blacksburg is much better about this! The on-ramps and the off-ramps of 460 were still completely dangerous and we had to fully accelerate and slow down while still on the interstate. Usually I wouldn't care quite so much about this, but I think it's just been a really long time since we've had a snowstorm like this (we got over 4") and so my awareness of danger is heightened. Anyway, we were definitely worried about all the people who don't have 4 wheel drive like us! Of course, Virginia Tech only got a 2 hour delay this morning. But it was weird to realize this morning that this was the first snow day that wouldn't have affected what I do today. I'm really a graduate!!

Now I'm going to go make some little cake pops for the Bachelor finale party tonight! Here is what they will hopefully look like, except white with chocolate stripes:This picture is from Bakerella's blog. That's where I saw this super cute idea!

So, speaking of the Bachelor Finale, I am semi-ashamed to say that I am unashamedly hooked! I am having some girls (and a couple of guys, to join Jordan) over to watch the 3 hour finale tonight. Here is the bachelor - Jason:


And here are the 2 girls left:
Who do you think he'll pick?
Melissa or Molly?

I'm pretty sure everyone coming would be horrified if it's not Melissa. But my mom seems to have a hunch that it's going to be Molly. We will see.

1 comment: